Sunday, March 17, 2013

Books.


I have to admit, for the longest time I wasn't much of a reader.  Of course I liked to read, and I read the books we had to for school, but usually I didn't carve out that much time to read.   Something changed in 9th grade, and I started to read books more.  I also rediscovered the awesomeness that is the Wheaton library book sale and have gotten so many awesome new paperbacks there that I had to rearrange my bookcase to fit them all.   So I've been reading a lot more. 

I've gotten some new favorite authors like H.G. Wells and Diana Wynne  Jones (she wrote Howl's moving castle...which I haven't read yet) I feel like my main problem with trying to find new books is that I never know if I am going to like it or not.  The back of the book descriptions never really do it for me, so I am still kind of hesitant to find/start a few books.  Odd for someone who like to read I suppose.

I will admit that I 100% judge books by their covers.  I hate book jackets because the books without the jackets look older and more unique.  That's also why I like the book sale. The books are old. Well not really old, but a lot of the paperbacks have a couple decades on them. Just recently I bought a hardback copy of 20000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne that was published in 1940. So yeah. Books. Awesome.  I was too lazy to research space so I hope you enjoyed these ramblings instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment